STICK TO EXIT/PROFIT TARGETS AS SOON AS IT HITS TARGET CLOSE THE TRADE NO HESITATION

STICK TO THE PLAN LET THE TRADE RUN


EMOTIONAL CAPITAL TAKES MONTHS TO BUILD AND SECONDS TO LOSE PRESERVATION IS PARAMOUNT




THERE WILL BE NO SETUP THAT TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHAT TO DO - USE YOUR INTUITION




Wednesday, 21 March 2012

21st March - Morning Trading

Took a long off the room setup which was momentum from a big candle on Dax and then trade long on the next which I didn't like to do the candle was nearly 20 pips no retrace.  I thought it was going to retrace and it did and then continued on.  I went out for -4 on Dax.  The FTSE then opened and the room went long off 5900 which I didn't take due to the loss, this shot up way over +10 in a couple of minutes.  +10 again could have been made today in around 10 minutes.
Lessons learned:
Don't go long at the close of a big move just because of momentum and it looks like its going up look for the retrace.
Look into trading the fib retraces on a long candle of the DAX open and maybe others.  It hit 61.8% fib level then back up.
Look at Wilson Effect - price continues in the called direction but timing of trades does not seem to be in-line with how I want to trade.

Total so far -4

No comments:

Post a Comment